( 1 Review )Rated 2.00 out of 5 based on 1 customer rating01
- SKU: BSN998
₹379.00 Inc. Tax
Out of stock
- Free delivery across India.
- Achimenes plant is very easy to take care of.
- Achimenes plant comes with one 3-4 inch round shape plastic planters.
- Achimenes plant size (3-7 Inch)
- Achimenes plant will be sent with coco peat or prepared soil.
Achimenes longiflora require temperatures of at least 50 F. (10 C.) at night but prefer 60 F. (16 C.). During the day, this plant does best in temperatures in the mid 70s (24 C.). Put plants in bright, indirect light or artificial light. Flowers will fade in the fall and the plant will go into dormancy and produce tubers. These tubers grow under the soil and at nodes on the stems. Once all of the leaves have fallen off of the plant, you can gather tubers to be planted next year. Achimenes plants are easy keepers as long as the soil is kept evenly moist, humidity is high, and the plant is given a weekly fertilizer feeding during the growing season
How to take care Achimenes :
- Fill your containers with good quality, well-drained soil. Almost any commercially available potting medium will work fine. Make sure there are adequate drainage holes; achimene bulbs must never sit in waterlogged soil or they will rot.
- Site your containers where they will receive light to moderate shade or dappled sun. Full sun will burn the plants.
- Dig little holes and plant the bulbs 1″-1.5″ deep and 3″-4″ apart. Just poke them down in the soil and don’t worry about which side is up. They’ll grow from any position.
- After planting, water well, thoroughly soaking the soil to settle it around the bulbs. Keep soil lightly moist and sprouts will appear in two to four weeks. Plants will grow quickly and begin flowering at a young age.
- Water as needed during active growth periods, keeping soil lightly moist but not wet. If the soil is allowed to dry out this will encourage the plants to slip into dormancy and they will finish blooming for the season. Half strength fertilizer added to the water will keep plants blooming strongly throughout the summer and early fall.
- In the autumn the leaves will yellow and die back as the plant slips into dormancy. Foliage many be removed at this point. Your achimenes will rest for a few months before beginning the next growing cycle.
- If you garden in a location cooler than zone 10 and want to save your bulbs for next season, lift the achimene bulbs and store them indoors in very slightly moist peat moss. Or just replace them next spring for another year of cascading blooms.
What You Get:
- Each packages contains : 1 * pics of Achimenes (3-7 Inch)
- Planters Size : 3-4 inch plastic Planters (Round Shaped)
Note: Plants will be sent with coco peat or prepared soil. If the plant meets its Temporary Wilting Point(TWP) due to delivery delay or similar issues in transit, customers are requested not to worry. Watering it generously will recover its turgidity. For further information, feel free to contact us.
There are no inquiries yet.