Betel Leaf (Magai Paan) Plant
- SKU: BSN13980
₹239.00 Inc. Tax
- Free delivery all over India.
- Betel Leaf (Magai Paan) is a low caring live edible plant.
- Betel Leaf (Magai Paan) plant with one plastic pot.
- This plant is comes with one 3-4 inch round shape plastic planters.
- Betel Leaf (Magai Paan) plant comes with 5-10 inch in size.
How to take care of Betel Leaf (Magai Paan) Plant:
- Growing habit : The herb’s main stem grows up to 1 meter tall, thus, it is better to train it as a climber or a ground cover. Once it grows tall enough, it will form creeping stems with leaves on the form of hearts. These leaves contain mild scent and white flowers if you crush them, they will exude a cool peppery scent.
- Propagation and Planting : Since it is extremely difficult to come across betel leaf seeds, there are two ways to plant Betel leaf plant. Either you purchase the plant from your local nursery store or propagate it from cutting. The latter requires that you cut a stem of approximately 18 cm tall from a betel leaf plant. Use a sharp knife to make a 45-degree cut beneath the leaf node.
- Then you should remove all the leaves off them stem except for the top two. Once your cutting is ready, soak in water and place it on a windowsill where it can get indirect sunlight. You should change the water every couple of days. Once the roots appear, you can plant it in a deep pot or in the ground.
- Soil : For betel leaf to grow and thrive fast, it requires an acidic, sandy and lightly damp soil. If you are growing this herb in a container, betel leaf prefers a deep container than a wide one. Make sure that you make drainage holes in your pot to keep the soil well-drained and place the pot in a partially shady spot.
- Caring for betel leaf : Betel leaf needs regular watering to grow. Once it grows and reaches at least two meters in height, you should start pruning the plant. This will encourage the plant to grow new sweet and tender leaves. When the plant is in the growing season, it is highly recommended that you feed every couple of months. It prefers nitrogen enriched organic fertilizer. It is also possible to use a manure or a compost.
- Pests and diseases : Red mites are the biggest threat to your betel leaf. They occasionally attack this herb and cause severe damage. You should also water this plant carefully as over watering cause fungal diseases. Another problem that you may face while growing betel leaf is leaf blight. It is quite common when growing this herb. Once you notice that your plant’s leaves are covered with black and brown spots, pull them immediately in order to contain the infection and prevent it from spreading to other leaves.
What you get:
- Each packages contains : 01 pics of Betel Leaf (Magai Paan) Plant (5 -1o inch)
- Planters Size : 3-4 inch plastic planters (Round Shaped)
Note: Plants will be sent with coco peat or prepared soil. If the plant meets its Temporary Wilting Point(TWP) due to delivery delay or similar issues in transit, customers are requested not to worry. Watering it generously will recover its turgidity. For further information, feel free to contact us.
There are no inquiries yet.