Black Pepper (Kali Mirch) Plant
- SKU: BSN12636
₹269.00 Inc. Tax
- Free delivery across India.
- Black Pepper is a low caring live edible plant.
- Black Pepper plant comes with one 2-3 inch round shape plastic planters.
- Black Pepper plant size (4-8 Inch)
- Black Pepper plant will be sent with coco peat or prepared soil.
How to take care Black Pepper :
- Propagation : Sowing black pepper seeds can be done, but only fresh seeds are germinated, seeds are viable for a very short period.
- To propagate it from seeds fill the container with a quality potting mix that contains a good amount of organic matter. Use your finger to poke holes, each 1/2 inch deep and about 1 to 1.5 inches apart. Drop a seed in each hole, then cover it with soil. Water the seeds often and keep the soil moist.
- Note: It can also be propagated from cuttings.
- Planting : Mix compost and coarse sand to the soil before planting. Make a hole in the soil and plant the seedlings or plants at the same depth as it was grown in the previous post. Pack the soil firmly around the base of the plant to hold it in the right position and water thoroughly.
- If planting in pots, use a pot that is large enough as black pepper plants have an extensive root system.
- Requirements for Growing Black Pepper
- Location : While planting pepper plant always remember to choose a location that remains humid and temperature mostly be maintained constantly around 75 to 85 Fahrenheit (24-30 C).
- However, pepper plant can tolerate temperature between 50 F-104 F (10-40 C)
- Soil : Black Pepper plants do best in fertile and medium clayey soil that retain slight moisture. Good drainage is always the essential need while growing black pepper in pot or ground. Waterlogged soil can damage the plant. Soil pH level could be anywhere between 5.5 and 7, add lime if the soil is too acidic and sulfur if alkaline.
- Sun : Look for dappled shade, a spot that receives daylong filtered sunlight is optimal as the plant can be damaged if exposed to too much direct sunlight. If planting in a sunny area must use a shade cloth that filters the sunlight to at least 50%.
- If growing in a cool climate, provide full sun.
- Watering : Be sure to give the pepper plant plenty of water to keep the soil slightly moist always, not allowing the soil to dry out between watering spells.
- Humidity : Peppercorn plant loves humidity, the more, the better. For this, mist the plant often with soft water. If you’re growing black pepper in pots place them on a saucer filled with water, this will also increase the humidity level.
- Fertilizer : When growing on the ground, apply 10 kilograms of well-rotted manure or compost per year on a mature plant so that the soil remains rich in nutrients. In pots, side-dress the plants with compost.
- Fertilize it with balanced 10-10-10 or 20-20-20 slow-release fertilizer, according to the product’s instruction at the beginning of the growing season. Application of Epsom salt is also beneficial.
What you get:
- Each packages contains : 1 pics of Black Pepper Plant (4-8 inch)
- Planters Size : 2-3 inch plastic planter (Round Shaped)
Note: Plants will be sent with coco peat or prepared soil. If the plant meets its Temporary Wilting Point(TWP) due to delivery delay or similar issues in transit, customers are requested not to worry. Watering it generously will recover its turgidity. For further information, feel free to contact us
There are no inquiries yet.