Calathea Zebrina Plant
- SKU: BSN12943
₹349.00 Inc. Tax
Out of stock
- Free delivery across India.
- Calathea Zebrina plant is very easy to take care of.
- Calathea Zebrina plant comes with one 3-4 inch round shape plastic planters.
- Calathea Zebrina plant plant size (5-10 Inch)
- Calathea Zebrina plant will be sent with coco peat or prepared soil.
How to take care Calathea Zebrina Plant :
- Light : Whether it’s excess of darkness or direct sunlight, Calathea zebrina calls for protection from both. What works wonders for a healthy zebra plant is a spot with nice bright, indirect sunlight. A great option is to place the plant somewhere where it’s treated with filtered bright light, preferably, through a curtain. The plant does well when placed in a north-facing window, while you must make sure to shield the plant from direct rays of the sun if going for some other setting.Direct sunlight is fatal for the plant as it burns the leaves and makes it lose its bright hues.
- Watering : When the plant is in the growing season, it will call for loads of water. A moisture-loving plant, Calathea zebrina needs wet soil to thrive. But at the same time, you must make sure that the plant doesn’t sit in deep water.Also, reduce watering during the winter season when the growth slows down or takes a complete halt. Between each watering session during winters, make sure you allow the soil to turn slightly dry.Avoid cold or hard water for watering your zebra plant, instead go for tepid rain or distilled water. Calathea zebrina needs to stay moist all the time, but not completely wet. So, keep the soil of your zebra plant pot moist yet draining well.
- Temperature : Zebra plants thrive best at average room temperatures that range from 65 degrees Fahrenheit to 75 degrees Fahrenheit. However, don’t place the plant in temperatures below 60 degrees Fahrenheit.Another thing to make sure is to protect your Calathea zebrina from sudden temperature drops and cold drafts. Also, protect your plant from drying and overheating by keeping it away from heating vents.
- Humidity : One of the most important aspects of caring for your zebra plant is humidity. In fact, most people go wrong when it comes to maintaining the right levels of humidity around their zebra plants.Calathea zebrina calls for high humidity, and to make sure the plant gets that, you can try misting and keep the soil adequately moist. If that doesn’t work, you may provide the plant more moisture by using a humidity tray or an electronic humidifier.It’s also recommended to place your Calathea zebrina in close proximity to other plants.
- Fertilizer : Feed your zebra plant with a standard liquid houseplant fertilizer. However, make sure you fertilize the plant only during the growing season once every two weeks, going for a half-strength mixture of fertilizer. Avoid using fertilizers during the winter season.
- Propagation : It’s almost effortless to grow new plants from leaf cuttings or the small new growths. Place the tiny growths or leaf cuttings in potting soil, keeping them moist until the development of roots. A period of 4-6 weeks is enough to develop roots.
- Growth : Calathea zebrina has quite a fast growth rate, especially if you use a good soil mix and feed the plant every week. Although the zebra plant grows quickly, it doesn’t grow and spread out on the pots.In fact, this plant usually only grows up to an average of 2 feet in height, and then take a halt. Zebra plant yields long stalks that grow up to 3 inches in height. The fact that it forms small clumps makes the plant leaves grow at the very top of the stalks.
- Potting : You can re-pot your healthy zebra plants semi-annually or annually during the summer and spring season while going for new potting soil. To generate more plants, you can divide them and replant them by division. Although the young plants may not seem to be as lush and dense as the mother plant, the right care will make them get bright foliage over time. The fact that Calathea zebrina grows quickly is the reason behind the same.
What You Get:
- Each packages contains : 1 * pics of Calathea Zebrina Plant (5-10 Inch)
- Planters Size : 3-4 inch plastic Planters (Round Shaped)
Note: Plants will be sent with coco peat or prepared soil. If the plant meets its Temporary Wilting Point(TWP) due to delivery delay or similar issues in transit, customers are requested not to worry. Watering it generously will recover its turgidity. For further information, feel free to contact us.
There are no inquiries yet.