Ficus Altissima Golden Gem Plant
- SKU: BSN1591
₹850.00 Inc. Tax (-29%)
The large leaves on the Ficus Altissima Golden Gem is a little like rubber plants and have wonderfully pale green veins that show up beautifully against the emerald green and yellow of the leaf. This particular Ficus Tree is a beautiful addition to any home. This plant also consider for bonsai plant selection.
How to take care of Ficus Altissima Golden Gem :
- Light and Soil : Plant the ficus in a well-draining potting mix. Purchase a loamy soil with added vermiculite or perlite for drainage, or mix your own. Use 3 parts loam 1 part peat and 1 part sand for a well-draining mixture. Plant in a deep pot with drainage holes so the water can run out. Place the ficus near a window in a room that gets bright light in the summer with more moderate light in the winter. Turn the plant occasionally so all the growth does not occur on one side.
- Watering : Water weekly during the summer with room-temperature water. Add water until it drains from the bottom of the pot. Discard the excess water if it flows into a container. Adjust the watering for your particular plant. Allow the soil to dry slightly between waterings. If the leaves turn yellow and begin to drop, you may need to increase or decrease the amount of water. Check the root ball. If the roots are soggy water the plant less often. If they are dry, increase watering. Humidity and light levels affect the amount of water needed.
- Pruning Using sterilized tools, prune the ficus to keep its small size and to shape the canopy. Prune in late winter or early spring before new growth appears, using small pruning shears. Make cuts on branches just above a leaf node or a branching stem. New growth will appear from below the cut. Prune out dead branches any time throughout the year. Make cuts just outside the branch collar to avoid damaging the trunk. Yearly pruning can help build a fuller canopy.
- Fertilizing and a Vacation : Fertilize during the active growth period in summer. You will see new leaves appear and branches grow during this time. Use a general-purpose fertilizer diluted to half strength and fertilize every three or four weeks until the active growth period ends. There is no need for fertilizer during the winter. You can also take advantage of the warm summer to set the ficus outdoors. Place the plant in bright, indirect light during the frost-free months.
- Leaf Drop : Ficus are sensitive to changes in their environment. They react to these changes by dropping leaves. The leaves turn yellow and fall off. If you have just moved your ficus to a new location, expect leaf drop. The leaves will grow back when the plant adjusts. If it has not been moved, it may be reacting to a change in lighting conditions as the seasons change. Or, it may be reacting to an increase or decrease in its watering frequency. Be aware of the ficus’ regular habits and try not to deviate from them to avoid leaf drop.
- Avoiding Diseases : As with all living plants, the potential for disease increases with improper care. For an indoor ficus tree plant, many of these diseases, such as anthracnose or branch die back, occur when overhead watering. Overhead watering simply means getting the leaves wet. To reduce the potential for disease, simply add water at the base directly into the soil. In addition, maintain an even soil moisture, not too wet or too dry.
What you get:
- Each packages contains 01 pcs of Ficus Altissima Golden Gem Plant (10-12 inch)
- Planters size : 6 inch plastic planters (round shaped)
Note: Plants will be sent with coco peat or prepared soil. The actual size of the product may vary with the product send to you.
There are no inquiries yet.