Heart Hoya Variegated Plant
₹399.00 Inc. Tax
- Free delivery across India.
- Heart Hoya variegated is a low caring live succulent plant.
- Heart Hoya variegated comes with one 2-3 inch round shape plastic planters.
- Heart Hoya variegated plant size (4-6 Inch)
- This plant will be sent with coco peat or prepared soil.
How to take care Hoya Kerrii, Heart Leaf, Sweetheart Hoya Succulent Plant :
- Light : My hoya kerrii loves the sun. I treat them like succulents because they love light THAT much. As a house plant, your best bet is to place it at the brightest spot you have. Mine resides at my southwest facing window and it receives about 6 hours of direct, bright light, each day during the summer.If it’s getting too much light, you’ll find that the leaves starts turning yellow but they’ll still feel firm and healthy. If that’s the case for you, just move it a little further away from the sun or put a sheer curtain over your crazy bright window (lucky you!).If your hoya kerrii is variegated, I’d suggest giving it even more light than the regular, all-green or splash hoya kerrii.
- Watering : I only water my hoya kerrii about once a month, when the soil is 90% dried, or the pot feels super light. When it’s time, I take the plant to the shower and “rain” on it for 30 minutes on and off to ensure that the whole root ball is saturated. In other words, I’ll water it, wait a minute for the water to drain out, then water it again. I’ll repeat this process at least five times. The main reason I do this is because mine is in a 7 inch pot and the soil gets a little ‘water resistant’ when it dries out.And don’t worry if you go on a vacation and can’t water it for over a month. This plant takes a long time for it even begins to look thirsty. I’ve never had this problem but you can tell its thirsty when the leaves are soft to touch.
- Soil : Both of my kerrii are in a soil mix of 50% regular potting soil + 25% perlite + 25% orchid bark. I’m sure you can plant it completely in orchid bark though if you don’t mind watering it more often. Just make sure your soil is draining really well because this plant likes to dry out quick.Since my hoya lives in a plastic pot, whenever I water it, I also squeeze the pot to loosen the soil a bit first. With my other plants, I’ll also use bamboo skewers to poke and loosen the soil. But for these kerrii, I did’t want to risk damaging ANY of their roots so I’ve never done that for them.Just a side note, when I first brought this plant home, I actually washed off all the old soil and repotted it with completely new soil. This way, I could also check how healthy the roots were (because you never know!).
- Pot : Both of my hoya kerrii are in plastic pots and I put them in a pretty, outer pot. With watering and outer pots, be careful to check that your plant is fully drained before returning it to its pot. I make sure to let mine sit in a saucer for at least one week to fully dry out before putting it back. Drainage is really important!Alternatively, you could use terracotta pots. I have other hoya plants that are in these and I love that they dry out much quicker. In the end, it really is a matter of personal preference. The most important thing is that your pots MUST allow water to drain out quickly.
- Fertilizer : After a whole year since the first repotting with fresh soil, I started fertilizing my kerrii with diluted Marphyl soil enhancer. I also spray the leaves with AgricultureRx GardenRx Spray. Since it’s a very slow growing plant, I really don’t know if the fertilizer helps — but no damage done!
- Propagation : I find hoyas are one of the easiest plants to propagate! I received a fresh hoya kerrii albomarginata cutting a few months ago and now it’s already grown two new leaves! So here’s what I did.Dip the cut end in rooting hormone powder.Submerge it in waterPlace it under bright, but not direct sunChange the water once a weekWatch small roots start to grow within two weeks!Repot in soil when roots are 1-2 inches long
What you get:
- Each package contains : 1 * pics Heart Hoya Variegated Plant (4-6inch)
- Planters Size : 2-3 inch plastic planter (Round Shape)
Note: Plants will be sent with coco peat or prepared soil. If the plant meets its Temporary Wilting Point(TWP) due to delivery delay or similar issues in transit, customers are requested not to worry. Watering it generously will recover its turgidity. For further information, feel free to contact us.
There are no inquiries yet.