How to take care Huernia Zebrina Plant :
- Size and Growth : Most succulent Huernia varieties like Huernia zebrina are low-growing plants. The cucumber-like stems rarely grow more than four to five inches.They also tend to grow outward before gently curving up toward the sky.The thick succulent stems are ribbed and covered in small teeth.
- Flowering and Fragrance : The flowers appear from balloon-like buds and feature five lobes. With some varieties, the center of each flower resembles a small donut.The large flowers are attractive but they also produce a rotten odor throughout the flowering season, which lasts between July and September. While the flowers have an unpleasant smell, the odor doesn’t spread easily. You typically need to get really close to the flowers to detect the odor.
- Light and Temperature : In the summer, these plants enjoy bright light but not direct full sun.As the plant comes from the arid regions of South Africa and the Mediterranean, it’s used to warm temperatures and dry air.For outdoor growth, most species of this genus are recommended for USDA hardiness zone 10.In cooler areas, the plant is often kept indoors year-round. It grows well in regular room temperature.Just make sure that temperatures don’t drop below 55 degrees Fahrenheit during the winter.
- Watering and Feeding : Throughout the summer, water this succulent plant moderately.As with most succulents, the plant can survive short droughts as it stores water in its thick leaves.The more sunlight that the plant receives, the more water it may require.If the leaves start to collapse, it likely needs additional water.In the winter, water sparingly to avoid overwatering.Fertilizer isn’t necessary if the plant is repotted in fresh soil at the start of spring.
- Soil and Transplanting : Use a cactus potting soil with added pumice for all varieties of Huernia.As a small plant, it doesn’t need a very large pot, making it easier to transplant at the start of spring.The plant should be repotted at the beginning of spring growing season each year.If possible, choose a shallow dish as the Huernia succulent plants have shallow roots that mostly grow sideways.
- Grooming and Maintenance :Grooming is only needed in the spring when repotting the plant.Remove the oldest stems from the plant to encourage new growth. This should help the plant last many years.
What you get:
- Each package contains : 1 * pics Huernia Zebrina Cactus Plant (2-4 inch)
- Planters Size : 2-3 inch plastic planter (Round Shape)
Note: Plants will be sent with coco peat or prepared soil. If the plant meets its Temporary Wilting Point(TWP) due to delivery delay or similar issues in transit, customers are requested not to worry. Watering it generously will recover its turgidity. For further information, feel free to contact us.