Nephrolepis exaltata bostemiensis, Boston Fern Plant
- SKU: BSN12504
₹239.00 Inc. Tax
- Free delivery across India.
- Boston Fern is a low caring live fern plant.
- Boston Fern comes with one 3-4 inch round shape plastic planters.
- Boston Fern plant size (4-10 Inch)
- Boston Fern will be sent with coco peat or prepared soil.
How to take care Boston Fern Plant :
- Temperature : The ideal room temperatures for Boston ferns is between 60-75ºF (16-24ºC). No lower than 55ºF (13ºC). Avoid warm air from indoor heating and cold drafts.
- Light : In their natural habitat these ferns will be provided small amounts of sunshine under trees, shaded. The best light conditions to provide is indirect sunlight, although a small amount of sunlight (when it’s not too hot) encourages growth. Filtered sunlight through net curtains works well. You may want to rotate the plant to encourage even growth of the fronds.
- Watering : Moist soil at all times is advisable, without the soil becoming soggy.
- Soil : Peat moss potting soil mixes are best suited with perlite added combined with all-purpose soil. The soil needs to be able to retain some water but also have the ability to drain fairly well. Too much peat moss then water can become clogged and too much perlite with all-purpose will drain too quickly.
- Fertilizer : A balanced fertilizer diluted given to the plant every 2 weeks should suffice. Feed from April – Sept and don’t feed after re-potting and changing the soil for one month (enough nutrients will be available in the new soil).
- Re-Potting : Re-potting is done during spring once every 2 years while it’s growing fast to a pot size bigger. Still change the top soil each spring even if a pot change is not required.
- Humidity : All ferns prefer fairly high humidity levels, however, the Boston fern is slightly more resilient and can tolerate lower levels. If you can….increase levels with a humidifier and not a humidity tray because your likely to keep the plant in a hanging basket or similar, so the plant cannot be placed in a tray.
- Propagation : These are propagated either by division or separating runners. The runners are small plantlets that grow from the mother plant that you will have to look out for and remove once they have grown enough to separate from the mother plant and survive independently. Dividing the plant into sections is the most popular propagation method carried out during spring. You can divide the fern into how many new plants you want by cutting though the root system for the section you require.
What you get:
- Each package contains: 1 pics Nephrolepis exaltata bostemiensis, Boston Fern Plant ( 4-10 inch)
- Planters Size: 3-4 inch plastic planter (Round Shape)
Note: Plants will be sent with coco peat or prepared soil. If the plant meets its Temporary Wilting Point(TWP) due to delivery delay or similar issues in transit, customers are requested not to worry. Watering it generously will recover its turgidity. For further information, feel free to contact us.
There are no inquiries yet.