Ornamental Sweet Potato Vine (Red) Plant
₹259.00 Inc. Tax
Ornamental sweet potato vine (ipomoea batata) make an excellent addition to any garden. They do well in traditional flowerbeds and landscaping, and are wonderful hanging plant. They can also be kept as house plants.
How to take care Sweet Potato Vine :
For the most part, sweet potato vines are independent and will take care of themselves, but here’s some helpful hints for best results.
- Sun : While full sun is ideal, sweet potato vines accept partial to full shade as well. Their leaves may be differently colored in full shade conditions than they would be in full sun. However, in very hot climates, they can experience sunburn in extremely high temperatures (110+ degrees), so in the height of summer, it’s wise to provide a bit of shade cover for your plants.
- Soil : Well-drain is perfect for the sweet potato plant. If the ground is soggy for too long, its root system can develop rot, which will kill it. This applies to container plantings and in ground plantings.If your soil is highly alkaline (above 8.0 ph), you may wish to add an acid-forming fertilizer to bring the alkalinity down. Otherwise, fertilizing is really not necessary provided that your soil is well-balanced. You can fertilize on occasion to spur rapid growth, but otherwise it’s not necessary.
- Water : Moderate watering is best. You want to keep the soil moist, but not wet or soggy.
- Pruning : Sweet potato vines spread quite rapidly, so regular pruning is required. Pruning can be done at any time of year. It’s most needed during the spring and summer months when the weather is warm and the plants are growing fast.
If you are trying to train your vines to fork out and create a thicker ground cover or to promote a mounding pattern, try to trim just above a place where there’s a pair of leaves, as it will encourage the vine to split in two at the leaf buds
What you get:
- Each packages contains : 01 pcs of Ornamental Sweet Potato Vine (Red) Plant (5-8 Inch)
- Planters Size 3/4 inch “ Plastic Planters (Round Shaped)
Note: Plants will be sent with coco peat or prepared soil. If the plant meets its Temporary Wilting Point(TWP) due to delivery delay or similar issues in transit, customers are requested not to worry. Watering it generously will recover its turgidity. For further information, feel free to contact us.
There are no inquiries yet.