How to take care of Portulaca:
- Water the plant only when the top of the soil is dry, as portulaca is a drought-tolerant plant that thrives in dry, desert-like soil. Use a garden hose or watering can to water the soil at the base of the plant because water may damage the blooms.
- Pinch off wilted blooms to prevent the plant from self-seeding. Removing the blooms, a process known as deadheading, also promotes continued blooming throughout the season.
- Check portulaca often for aphids, tiny, green insects that gather on the undersides of the leaves or at the joints of the stems and leaves. Dislodge the aphids with a strong stream of water or spray the plant with insecticidal soap spray.
- Portulacas need six to eight hours of full sun to reach their potential. If you try to grow portulacas in a shady area, they will pout and close up their flowers. You will also notice the flowers close at night and on cloudy days.
What You get:
- Each package contains: 1 pics Portulaca (3-7 inch)
- Planters Size: 3-4 inch plastic planter (Round Shape)
Note: Plants will be sent with coco peat or prepared soil. If the plant meets its Temporary Wilting Point(TWP) due to delivery delay or similar issues in transit, customers are requested not to worry. Watering it generously will recover its turgidity. For further information, feel free to contact us.