Peperomia Verticillata ‘Red Log’ Plant
- SKU: BSN15237
₹379.00 Inc. Tax
Only 2 left in stock
- Free delivery across India.
- Peperomia Verticillata is very easy to take care of.
- It comes with one 2-3 inch round shape plastic planters.
- This plant size (2-5 Inch)
- This plant will be sent with coco peat or prepared soil.
- All the image showing on the product is for a reference , original product may vary with the image shown.
How to take care Peperomia Verticillata Plant :
- Light : A sunny well-lit position in the home is ideal for good Peperomia verticillata care. However, I always advise against the direct sun for this one.You can keep your Verticillata plant close to an east or a west-facing window sill. Such a setting will most probably allow sufficient sunlight to come into contact with the plant.If you do not have such a setting in your house, you can also use artificial growing lights. Alternatively, you can place it next to a window where only filtered sunlight comes through. Medium or bright sunlight will help the plant grow healthier and produce more leaves.The Peperomia Verticillata plant grows best in bright, filtered sunlight. It thrives in areas where dappled natural sunlight hits it throughout the day. However, sunlight that is excessively harsh or too direct will adversely affect the plant.Watch for signs such as leaf scorching and development of leggy stems as the plant tries to move towards brighter sunlight. If any of the two conditions occur, change your plant’s location to a sunnier, partially-shaded spot.This means positioning it where it will receive a great deal of indirect light throughout the day, but nothing that will cause it to burn or scorch. But, this Peperomia will accept moderate light as well.This is a plant that is drawn towards the light – literally! Therefore, it may only take a day for the shoots to all turn towards the direction of the light. It all depends on the amount and type it receives.So, if you want an even balanced plant all around, you will have to remember to keep turning it daily.Even more so, because the Peperomia verticillata tends to get leggy, you’ll often find if you don’t turn it often, it will begin to droop over with the weight.I usually keep my Peperomia verticillata in a southwest-facing window. Yet, during the intense summer months, I find myself pulling it back. This is because, quite often, the heat can become too overbearing for this plant.
- Watering : Like many other plant types, the Peperomia verticillata needs to be watered with caution. What many people tend to forget when they look at this plant is that it is part succulent. Therefore, it’s relatively easy to overwater it.It can cause issues such as rotting stalks, waterlogged soil, and wilting.To ensure the best Peperomia verticillata care here, I strongly recommend working on the side of caution here. This means watering it, preferably with collected rainwater, only when the soil has begun to dry out.To maintain a schedule, you can water this tropical beauty every 7 to 10 days. However, it is best to let the soil be your guide rather than the number of days between watering.The top layer of soil will always dry quicker due to continued exposure to the air. So, you’ll need to study further down to see what’s happening there.If your Peperomia verticillata is still damp at this point, hold off watering. Only when the soil crumbles in your fingers is it the right time to water.
- Temperature : The Peperomia species can tolerate a wide range of temperatures. Naturally, this plant grows in moderately warm environments. Thus, it prefers temperatures ranging from 65 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit (18 to 26 degrees Celsius).Fortunately, households typically have this temperature. Therefore, you do not need to do much about maintaining its preferred temperatures. However, if you live in an area where the temperatures are extreme, it is best to take extra care of your Verticillata plant.When it comes to the required temperature, I’ve noticed that this plant isn’t overly fussed, and this is perhaps what makes it great with all indoor plant owners.If you do find that the temperatures exceed this during summer, add a small fan to the room to bring it down. Likewise, if the temperature dips too much over winter, consider bringing it back up through heating the room.Remember to keep your Red Log away from drafts of air from air-conditioners and heaters. They can cause extreme temperature fluctuations leading to immense damage.
- Humidity : As a keen grower of Peperomia verticillata, I can confirm that this plant does not like a tremendous amount of humidity. The way it tells you this is through the leaves of the plant becoming horribly mushy and then ultimately dropping off.Several Peperomias love high humidity levels. However, this is not the case with the Verticillata variant as mentioned. The Peperomia Verticillata plants have succulent leaves and thus can store water and tolerate low humidity levels.Thought the Peperomia verticillata is not entirely averse to humidity if you decide to use a humidifier, as many people do with succulents, be careful not to let the water touch the leaves.
- Fertilizer : When it comes to selecting and indeed using fertilizer for your Peperomia verticillata care, the keyword here is balance.A water-soluble fertilizer is an ideal choice here. Though, it is crucial to follow the label instructions. I fertilize my Peperomia verticillata only when it is actively growing and usually around every two-plus weeks during this time.
What you get:
- Each package contains: 1 * pics Peperomia Verticillata Plant (2-5 inch)
- Planters Size: 2-3 inch plastic planter (Round Shape)
Note: Plants will be sent with coco peat or prepared soil. If the plant meets its Temporary Wilting Point(TWP) due to delivery delay or similar issues in transit, customers are requested not to worry. Watering it generously will recover its turgidity. For further information, feel free to contact
There are no inquiries yet.