Podocarpus Macrophyllus Bonsai Plant
- SKU: BSN894
₹299.00 Inc. Tax
Versatile plants grown for their good-looking foliage and interesting form. Podocarpus is a very dense, upright, slow growing evergreen plant that originally came from China and Japan.They are adaptable to many climates and have many uses. Make good screens and background plants. It is easily trained to be a bonsai. When planted outside in the ground a Podocarpus grows quite large, but when used indoors or on the porch as a potted plant, it remains a small tree or shrub.
How to take care Podocarpus :
- Light : A Podocarpus requires very bright indirect light. If it is not getting enough light the lower needles on the branches become large and elongated.
- Water : Keep the soil moist but not soggy; allow the top two inches to dry out before watering. Brown leaf tips or gray needles indicate over- watering.
- Fertilizer Feed : A Podocarpus every two weeks in the spring and summer when it is actively growing. Use a plant food that is designed for acid loving plants such as Miracid at 1/2 the recommended strength.
- Temperature : Podocarpus prefer cool temperatures between 50-75 degrees.
- Humidity : These plants do best in medium humidity. If your home is very dry, especially in the winter, set a small humidifier near your Podocarpus or place it
on a bed of wet gravel. Be sure the plant is sitting on the gravel and not in the water.
- Flowering : The flowers of this plant are very small and inconspicuous.Pests Podocarpus are susceptible to Mealy Bugs and scale.
- Diseases : Although the soil should be kept somewhat moist, over watering leads to root rot. sooty mold is another disease that can infect a Podocarpus.
- Soil : Use a well-aerated acidic soil. Add perlite or sand if your soil seems too heavy or clay-like.
- Pruning : A Podocarpus must be actively and aggressively pruned to maintain any kind of shape. Pruning back the new growth on the vertical stemencourages side branches and a fuller bushier plant.
What you get :
- Each package contains: 1 pcs podocarpus plant (4-8 inch)
- Planters Size: 3-4 inch plastic planter (Round Shape)
Note: Plants will be sent with coco peat or prepared soil. The actual size of the product may vary with the product send to you.
There are no inquiries yet.